Engineered Insulation Systems for the Oil & Gas Industry
Armacell Engineered Systems in a nutshell
Armacell Engineered Systems is the dedicated Oil & Gas division of Armacell International Holding GmbH. The Armacell Group has approximately 2,600 employees and 23 manufacturing plants in 16 countries on four continents.
As the inventor of flexible elastomeric foams (FEFs) for insulation, Armacell is focused on developing safe, innovative thermal, acoustic and mechanical solutions and systems that create value for its customers in a sustainable way.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Armacell Engineered Systems has skilled dedicated technical and onsite global teams to offer assistance to our clients, partners and projects.
Customers experience, commitment, empowerment and accountability, integrity and sustainability are our core values.
Proven performance in the Oil and Gas applications
Armacell has a long history of successfully installed insulation systems in major Onshore and Offshore construction and maintenance projects.
Armaflex and ArmaSound thermal and acoustic insulation systems are found around the world in well-known industry sites such as:
See our section on project references or our project overview for more details.
- BP Angola
- Deep Panuke
- Jincheng Yigao CBG
- Kipper Tuna
- Shell Deer Park
Products and services for the Oil and Gas industry
Specially engineered insulation systems are provided in combination with dedicated technical and operational support services to provide complete project solutions:
- Closed cell thermal insulation foams providing an in-built water vapor barrier for superior condensation control and protection against Corrosion Under Insulation - CUI
- Cryogenic and mid range temperature insulation systems (between -180°C to +110°C) to prevent freezing and heat losses / gains on industrial process
- Covering and cladding systems to protect installations against UV, grease, oil, salt water, mechanical impact and chemical attack
- Acoustic insulation for the reduction of hazardous noise levels from process equipment
- Specification and application support services
- Personalized operational and logistics services throughout the duration of the project
Quality and suitability are ensured by regular in-house testing as well as supervision and certification by leading institutes
- Compliance to international marine and offshore standards including DNV, IMO, Lloyds, Bureau Veritas and NORSOK
- Products tested according to international standards including ASTM, BS, EN and ISO